Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Update Oct 11, 2011

Well, you know, I wish that I could say that all was well, but unfortunately that ain't the case. I awoke this morning feeling a little depressed over Sparrow's progress but went down to the boat and was able to finish off, or at least push ahead with some of the projects. That made me feel pretty good. At the same time though a bilge pump hose sprung a leak. there is a type of hose that they use in the bilge that is very flexible, at least when you first install it, but after a while, a few years, it becomes very stiff and does not like to be flexed. Well I had to do some work on my bilge pump system and , I guess,  flexed  the hose. I finished the job and turned on the bilge pump, only to see water squirting all over the cabin. On investigation I realized that the hose cracked. After repairing it I starting thinking  about all the other things that are going to hell on this my pre-trip preparation . For instance I ordered this special fitting for my RO water system, which took a week and a half to arrive,  in my haste while working at home on some other boat projects, I lost it.  Last night my back up laptop crashed, and doesn't  want to come back. Did I mention that my Iphone drowned? Now I am not sure if all these little setbacks are a way of some higher power trying to tell me something, but as I said before, if I can not take off by Oct 31, then I have to  pull the plug. Trip will be delayed till next year.
   Oh BTW, the Annapolis Sailboat Show was great. So much to see. Lots of good Seminars.
George

No comments:

Post a Comment