Wednesday, October 19, 2011

End of the Trip

                                            Picture of Sparrow at her dock in Mystic Islands, NJ.


Yesterday I sailed Sparrow, with Don Baker along as crew,  up to her Marina. The ride was very nice. The day was beautiful.  We ran up along the coast with sadness watching other sailboats and trawlers heading south. Now that is not quite what I was planning to do this winter. So what happened? It could be said that I bit off more then I could chew, as far as the upgrades I planned for Sparrow. I have to respond that I only bit off what I had to. The problem being that I could not chew fast enough. What I found is that almost any job that you plan to do on a boat is never as straight foward as originally thought. There is always some unforeseen problem that won't appear until you start, and before you know it, a small installation job turns into a big project.
   Sparrow will continue to get her upgrades while wintering at the marina, and next Spring I plan to sail her down through the Chesapeake Bay. Next Fall again I plan to sail her to the Bahamas.
     Enjoy the Winter. Talk to you next Spring.
    George

No comments:

Post a Comment