Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday, June 2, 2012
I wake up around 5AM. The Cat, wanting to eat, is my alarm clock. The tide was abnormally high. This was good because it gave me more time to leave. I decide to at least set my GPS. I look for it it's not here. I have a mine heart attack. I forgot all of my instruments. I jump in my car, and driving around 90 MPH on the back roads, I get to my house in record time. BTW my house is only 75 miles from the dock. My instruments were pretty close to the front door. I have no idea how I missed them. While at the house I grabbed a few extra items and headed back to the boat. I was back at the boat by 9AM, and the tide was still high enough for me to get out. If I don't have enough water then I can't leave the dock.
  I left the dock and in about 3 hours or so arrived in Atlantic City. BTW, The weather was predicted to get cold and windy, lots of storms over the next several days. I saw this coming about 3 days previous, and noticed that the winds were going to blow from the West, Northwest, and Northeast for several days. To me this was great. Exactly what I would need in order to get a good push South. I anchor in this place called the Black Hole in Brigantine. I have not been here for a few years, and as I come in it seems shallower then what I remember, but then again the tide is still dropping. I have dinner, go to sleep, and about 4 AM I wake up to find that I am sleeping on a 45 degree angle. for some reason the boat must of swung on it's anchor and put me on a hill at low tide. I found it difficult to sleep like this, trying to hold onto the bunk so I would not slide off, and try to sleep at the same time. The cat was acting weird also, maybe he realized that this was not normal. Anyway I relocated to the floor, and in the morning the boat was floating.

No comments:

Post a Comment