Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday, June 29, 2912

    For the last few days I have been anchored, and relaxing on the Lafayette River in Norfolk, Va..  I have also been doing errands, like laundry, groceries, filling water tanks, etc. I have also been watching the weather, and feel that tomorrow will be a good day to head up to Ocean City, MD.  This is a long sail, and will take about 24 hours. The weather says to expect SW winds most of the way, so this should be a nice ride. Also Slack tide on the Chesapeake is around 9 AM so, since it will take about 7 hours to get down and across the Chesapeake, at least the beginning of the trip ( the first hour or two) should be without much chop.
  Once I get to Ocean City I plan again to anchor behind Assateague Island, and since I am not in that much of a hurry to get home I plan on going over and visiting the inhabitants of that  island ie; 'The Wild Ponies of Assateague'.
   After that the next stop will probably be Lewes, DE, or Cape May, and then after that Atlantic City. Picture of Sunset on the Lafayette River.

No comments:

Post a Comment