Saturday, July 14, 2012




Monday, July 2, 2012

    Today I decided that I was just going to hang out, visit the Fisherman's pier and pick up some fuel, and have lunch. Also I planned to dinghy over to the beach to get a good look at the Asseateague ponies. First I wanted to run my generator for a bit in order to top off the  batteries. So I start the generator. I go down below and notice that there is no AC voltage. I go back to the generator with a volt meter and take a measurement. No output. The generator starts with one pull, but no output. My last defense against dead batteries, the Bull of my backup charging system has just become impudent.
    I did dinghy over to the beach and was able to walk to about a hundred feet of the ponies. I didn't want to disturb them, so I stopped there.
   The bay is full of activity. There is a Jet Ski rental place which sends out about ten new jet skiers each hour. Needless to say it is continually bumpy at my anchorage. There is also this Pirate ship which takes out a group of ten to twenty people. They come out to the bay and slowly wander around. Eventually an inflatable boat with another unfriendly pirate tries to board it. The people on board have these water canons which they use to try to foil the assault.The assaulting pirate always leaves, very wet, and swearing that he is not finished with them and that he will be back. Then you have the Sight Seeing boats which try to get a glimpse of the Asseateague ponies for their customers.
    After that I go over to the Fisherman's pier and catch lunch. While there I get into a pretty good conversation with some local Charter Fisherman. They seem to be pretty familiar with this Cape May to Cape Charles coast so I am interested in any potential good inlets along this coast. What they had to say was not very promising, The best that they could say about the better inlets, was that maybe I won't have any problems getting into them. I told them that maybe was not good enough.
   So now I head back to the boat and get ready for my to  Cape May tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment