Monday, May 28, 2012

Update 5/28/2012

I should be off by now, but a few things are holding me back. A few weeks ago, before the boat went into the water, I had it surveyed. The reason for the survey is that I myself wanted to know if there were any present or upcoming problems that I should know about, and second the insurance company wants to know what the boat is worth, before they will insure it, for my trip to the Bahamas. A few days ago I got a letter from the insurance company wanting to know when I expect to address the issues noted by the surveyor. There were not many, but one that concerns the cockpit thru-hulls has to be repaired  before I leave. I hope to get the part tomorrow and install it on Wednesday. Other then that I have to give them a time table within thirty days. Like I need this.
    Other then that I have basically completed my food shopping. Now I am in the process of packing my clothes, and other items that might be needed for the trip. A potential problem ,that I have to avoid, is not to take too much stuff.
     If all goes well, in the next couple of days,  I should be off by the weekend.
Talk to you soon.
         George
 

No comments:

Post a Comment